Several artists: Valoleikkipuisto
Address: Annankatu 30
The Valoleikkipuisto (Light Playground) invites people of all ages to explore the many things that can be achieved with light. In the Valoleikkipuisto, you can treat the winter blues, enjoy light painting, explore a light jungle and go all the way AR OU ND. You can also enjoy a polar night drink at the Book Café or step into the buildings on display at the exhibition By – Olipa kerran kylä (Once upon a time there was a village).
The following can be enjoyed in the Valoleikkipuisto:
- Polar night therapy clinic daily 5 pm–10 pm
- Himantti daily 5 pm–10 pm
- Valoviidakko (Light Jungle) daily 5 pm–10 pm
- Mobile Home sculpture daily 5 pm–10 pm
- Keisarin uudet vaatteet (The Emperor's New Clothes) installation every day at 6 pm–9 pm
- YM PÄ RI (AR OU ND) performances every day at 5 pm and 7 pm, recommended for 5–9 year olds, duration of 1 hour
- Valograffiti (Light Graffiti) workshop daily 5 pm–10 pm
- DJ Kristiina Männikkö live at the Book Café Sat 9 Jan at 7 pm–10 pm
Click on the above links to find out more about the various parts of the Valoleikkipuisto!
Free admission. The installation is supported by Innolux.
First two photos: Mauri Tahvonen
Third photo: Lauri Rotko
Performance time: 5 pm – 10 pm